To serve as the Chief Executive Officer of the City of Broken Arrow, providing for the oversight and administration of all City Departments, directing the implementation of policies and programs adopted by City Council, resolving citizen concerns, representing the City with the community, region and state as required and recommending the annual budget and policy recommendations for consideration by the City Council. The City Manager's office is also responsible for communication and coordination of major developments.
- Administering city government in accordance with city ordinances
- Advising the Council of the condition and needs of the city
- Appointing or removing all city employees
- Performing other activities as directed by the City Council
- Preparing an annual budget
- Reviewing and recommending items for City Council action
- Supervising and controlling all administrative departments
The City Manager's Office is staffed by two Assistant City Managers, Economic Development Manager, Community Relations Liaison, Tourism Director, Convention Sales and Marketing Manager, two Business Retention & Development Coordinators, Director of Communications, Communications Coordinator, Digital Content Specialist, Executive Assistant and City Hall Receptionist. The entire staff is dedicated to ensuring the City operates efficiently and the residents of Broken Arrow remain well informed.
- Weekly Council Communication
- Council-Manager Form of Government FAQ's
- City of Broken Arrow FY-2019 Budget Presentation (PDF)