Permit Needed for Open Burning
In order to burn within city limits, residents are required to have a permit. Here's how you can obtain a residential burn permit:
- Fill out an application for a residential burn permit at the Broken Arrow Fire Department headquarters, located in the Public Safety Complex, 1101 North 6th Street, Broken Arrow OK, 74012. Filling out the application takes about 5 minutes and can be completed while there.
- Turn in the application to the Fire Prevention Division.
- Once the application has been turned in, a Fire Prevention Officer will come out and inspect the intended burn site.
- If the intended burn site meets all requirements, you will be issued paperwork with your name, address, telephone, address of the intended burn site, and a permit number.
- Take this paperwork to the Utility Customer Service office, 116 E. Dallas Street (south end of City Hall). You will need to pay a permit fee of $53. Be sure to keep your receipt!
- Take this receipt back to Fire Department headquarters to receive your permit.
Additional information from the Broken Arrow Municipal Code, Ch. 3: